Ingredients for making herring mincemeat
- Lightly salted herring medium size 1 piece
- Chicken eggs 3 pieces
- Large apple 1 piece
- Milk 400 milliliters
- Large onion 1 piece
- Medium sized potatoes 1-2 pieces
- Butter 100 grams
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mustard to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Herring, Potato, Onion
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Medium bowl, Knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Fine grater, Medium pan - 2 pieces, Cooker, Lid for the pan, Large grater, Tablespoon, Salad bowl, Plastic container with a lid, Kitchen gloves, Tweezers or tweezers
Cooking forshmak from herring:
Step 1: prepare the eggs.We lay the eggs in a medium pan and fill with water so that it completely covers the ingredient. We put the container on medium heat and wait for the water to boil. After boiling, cook hard-boiled eggs yet 6-7 minutes. Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and put the pan using kitchen tacks under cold running water. This must be done in order to subsequently relieve eggshells with ease. Then, rinse again the cleaned component under running water to wash off the rest of the shell. Using a fine grater, grind the ingredient directly into a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.
Step 3: prepare the herring.
Step 4: prepare the onion.
Step 5: prepare the apple.
Step 6: prepare the forshmak from the herring.Mix the ground ingredients for the preparation of mincemeat with a tablespoon until smooth and then - carefully chop everything with a knife again. Then add soft butter to the container. And for this, we get it in advance from the refrigerator, warm at room temperature. Attention: melt the creamy ingredient to a liquid state is not necessary, as this will affect the consistency of the dish. Again, mix everything well with a tablespoon and chop with a knife so that we get a homogeneous mass. To taste, we can add salt, ground black pepper and ready mustard to the mincemeat. This dish will not spoil, but rather will give it a piquant spiciness.
Step 7: serve the foreshak from the herring.Immediately after cooking, put the mincemeat from the herring with a tablespoon into a salad bowl and serve the dish to the table. The remaining mass is transferred to a plastic container, closed tightly with a lid and put in storage in the refrigerator. Part of the dish for serving can optionally be decorated with fresh sprigs of parsley or dill, as well as thin apple slices. Well, along with a mincemeat, you can put slices of bread on the table and everyone will be able to spread as many dishes on bread as he sees fit. Good appetite!
- - It is best to grind herring and onions with a knife on a cutting board, as pieces of ingredients give the foreskin juiciness and sophistication. Therefore, if you have assistants such as a blender or food processor in your kitchen, set them aside.
- - Instead of boiled potatoes, soaked white bread can be added to the forshmak from herring. Although for this dish, as for me, boiled vegetable is most suitable.
- - To prepare the forshmak, it is necessary to take apples of sour varieties.
- - Instead of herring, in order to save time spent on cutting fish, you can take ready-made salted herring fillet, which can be found in specialized retail outlets in the food market or in a supermarket.