Guinness Irish Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- Beer to taste
- Dried berries (cherries, currants) 2/3 cup
- Chocolate without additives (milk) 60 g
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Kefir (any fat content) 3/4 cup
- Wheat flour 300 g
- Sugar 300 g
- Butter (baking margarine) 120 g
- Chicken eggs 4 pcs.
- Vanillin 1.5 tea spoons
- Baking powder dough 1.5 teaspoon. spoons
- Baking soda 0.5 tea spoons
- Berry jelly (cherry, currant) 0.5 cups
- Walnuts peeled 1 cup
- Salt 0.3 tea spoons
- Cream (fat content from 30%) 1.5 cups
- Bitter Chocolate 180 g
- Powdered sugar 4.5 table. spoons
- Cocoa powder 4 table. spoons
- Salt on the tip of a knife
- Beer to taste
- Cocoa powder 3 table. spoons
- Vanillin 1 tea a spoon
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Main ingredientsCacao and chocolate, Beer
- Portion 6-8
Knife, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Glass, Measuring cup, Deep plates, Blender or mortar and pestle, Plate, Bowls or pans, Culinary spatula wooden, Food wrap, Refrigerator, Mixer or blender, Oven, Baking tray and rack, Baking dish , Baking parchment, Toothpicks or skewers, Flat serving dish
Making Irish Guinness Chocolate Cake:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.To begin with, we’ll chop the dark chocolate needed to make the cream with a sharp knife on a cutting board. Can be chopped medium-sized. Put it in a plate for now. We wash the eggs with a soapy solution to remove harmful bacteria from the shell. Grind walnuts to a large crumb - it is possible in a blender, it is possible in a mortar and pestle. You need to get the butter from the refrigerator and give it time to stay at room temperature - we will need it in a softened form.
Step 2: Prepare the base for the cream.
Step 3: Prepare the dough blank.Pour dried berries into a deep plate and pour 2/3 glasses of Guinness beer. We leave the berries to be marinated for 20 minutes, after which we pour the beer back into the glass, and leave the berries in a plate. Pour the beer into a pan or bowl and add cocoa powder to it. A strange combination, but you will like it! We put the bowl on the stove, and bring the mixture to a boil. Then immediately turn off the fire and add milk chocolate to it, which you need to break into cubes manually. Stir the chocolate to dissolve, and when the mixture cools down a little, add kefir to it, and then stir the future dough.
Step 4: Prepare the dough for the cake shortcakes.
Step 5: Bake the cakes for the Irish chocolate cake c.
Step 6: Prepare the syrup for the cakes.While the cakes are baked, we will take up the preparation of their soaking syrup. After all, otherwise the cakes will be too dry. We need a saucepan or bowl in which we mix 1/3 cup Guinness beer, granulated sugar, vanilla and cocoa. We put the bowl on the stove and cook the syrup over medium heat. We get a beautiful color smooth syrup, which before impregnating the cakes must be properly cooled.
Step 7: Soak cake cakes with syrup.
Step 8: Add Berry Jelly.To prepare such a cake, it is better to use jelly from the same berries that you add to the dough. In my case - redcurrant. First you need to heat it in a bowl over medium heat to make the jelly liquid. When it is ready, take one cake, and grease its top with all the available jelly. Lubricate gently and evenly, and then put the cake in the refrigerator for half an hour to freeze the jelly.
Step 9: Prepare the cream for the Irish chocolate cake.
Step 10: Cooking Irish Chocolate CakeNow is the time to collect the cake itself. The bottom is the cake, smeared with jelly, put it on a beautiful flat dish and grease a little cream - most of the cream we leave for the top cake. We cover the bottom soaked cake with the top and properly lubricate the cake with cream both on top and on the sides. And now we get the nuts chopped at the very beginning of the preparation, and roll them with a barrel of cake. You can sprinkle it whole if you like it more! We remove the finished cake in the refrigerator so that it soaks a little and cools down. This will take 2-3 hours, during which you can relax a bit.
Step 11: Serve the finished Irish chocolate cake with.After a couple of hours, you can get the cake out of the refrigerator and introduce it to guests. I am more than sure that they will be delighted with your efforts and efforts, because this magnificent cake contains the taste not only of cream and syrup, but also of Ireland itself! Enjoy your meal!
- - To avoid confusion with proportions, use the same glasses and spoons.
- - Check the preparedness of the baked cake with a toothpick - pierce the cake with it, and if the toothpick is dry, without pieces of dough, then the cake is ready.
- - Before serving, you can decorate the cake with a sprig of currants or other berries.
- - Use unsweetened cocoa powder, such as the Golden Label.
- - For the preparation of cream, it is better to use brown cane sugar, rather than plain white.
- - Dough baking powder - it is also a baking powder, mixed only with dry ingredients, usually with flour.
- - Walnuts can be replaced with peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts or pecans.